Institute of Navigation JSC (Moscow, Russia)
Regular measurements of the power level of the satellite signals make it possible to detect abnormal functioning of the on-board transmitting device. Due to the high complexity, the large mass of the moving units and the presence of a mechanical drive, it is difficult to carry out regular measurements of the power of the signals of the orbital constellation using large-aperture monitoring systems. To monitor the GLONASS satellites, a small-sized non-power system based on a fixed antenna with a diameter of D = 2 m was developed and put into operation, which allows the NSV self-passage through the main beam of the diagram to make regular assessments of the received power level of the radio navigation signal.
The aim of the work is to identify malfunctions of the on-board transmitting devices of the full orbital constellation of the GLONASS satellite based on data obtained by a small-sized monitoring system.
The analysis of the data obtained in the period from March 22 to August 11, 2020 revealed 6 NSVs with one or two failed on-board amplifiers and 3 NSVs with three, which was later confirmed by telemetry data.
The practical significance of the work lies in the development of a method and a working prototype for alternative diagnostics of the onboard transmitting devices of the GLONASS satellite.
Ryzhov V.S. Diagnostic method for GLONASS onboard transmitters using monitoring system based on small-size reflector antenna. Radiotekhnika. 2021. V. 85. № 8. P. 39−46. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18127/j00338486-202108-05 (in Russian)
- Thoelert S., Meurer M., Erker S. In‐Orbit Analysis of Antenna Pattern Anomalies of GNSS Satellites. Navigation. 2012. V. 59. № 2. P. 135–144.
- Denisenko O.V., Fedotov V.N., Voronov V.L., Ryzhov V.S. Zavgorodnii A.S. Ryabov I.V. Results of Observations of Navigation Satellites in Special Sections of Their Orbits. Measurement Techniques. 2018. № 2. P. 20–23.
- Thoelert S., Erker S., Meurer M. GNSS Signal Verification with a High Gain Antenna-Calibration Strategies and High Quality Signal Assessment. Proceedings of the 2009 International Technical Meeting of The Institute of Navigation, Anaheim. CA. January 2009. P. 289–300.
- Radionavigacionnye tekhnologii. Vyp. 7. Sb. statej. Pod red. A.I. Perova. M.: Radiotekhnika. 2018. 156 s: il. Nauchno-tekhnicheskie serii. Seriya «Radiosvyaz' i radionavigaciya» (in Russian).
- Vlasov I.B., Mihajlickij V.P., Ryzhov V.S. Kalibrovka radiotrakta radioteleskopa RT-7,5 pri monitoringe signalov navigacionnyh kosmicheskih apparatov. Vestnik MGTU im. N.E. Baumana. Ser. «Priborostroenie». 2014. № 6 (in Russian).