V. N. Antipov, V. I. Merkulov, O. F. Samarin, V. S. Chernov
This article deals with main trends of airborne radar development such as:
• development of airborne radar with active phased antenna array;
• enhancing radar’s covertness and ECM resistance;
• enhancing radar’s intellectuality and informativeness;
• integration with onboard equipment;
• multiband radar;
• enhancing radar’s range and resolution;
• inverse and semi active phase synthesis;
• multiposition application;
• aircraft defence;
• enhancing capabilities of digital signal processing systems.
Several cases of airborne radars developed in the last few years demonstrate that intensive and successful development of aircraft avionics is conducted abroad leading to a breakthrough in construction of robust, of high performance airborne radar with drastically improved characteristics.