A.Z. Galiamov – Student, Department «Medical and Technical Information Technology» (BMT-2), Bauman Moscow State Technical University
A.A. Zakirova – Resident, Department of Plastic Surgery, I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
I.A. Kudashov – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Department “Medical and Technical Information Technology” (BMT2), Bauman Moscow State Technical University
S.I. Shchukin – Dr.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Head of Department “Medical and Technical Information Technology” (BMT2), Bauman Moscow State Technical University
I.V. Reshetov – Academician of RAS, Dr.Sc. (Med.), Professor, Director of the Clinic of Oncology, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Radiology; Head of the Department of Plastic Surgery, I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
Postmastectomy syndrome occurs in breast cancer patients following the surgical tumor removal. Lymphostasis or lumphedema in upper limbs is one of the manifestations of the syndrome. Determining of the stage of the lymphedema and state of damage done to the tissues of the limb is crucial for an early treatment, selection of treatment strategy and assessment of treatment efficiency.
In this work new optical imaging method was proposed for the diagnostics of lymphostasis. The method is based on recording of the image of the limbs of the fpatient in the infrared spectrum, followed feature extraction and analysis. The aim of the analysis is to determine the stage of the lyphedema.
In this work the possibility for analysis with the histogram based image processing method was studied. To determine the state of the limb with the lymphostasis a comparison was performed between the healthy and diseased arms. The Pearson correlation coefficient between histograms of the recorded images was used to evaluate the similarity.
The performed research on two patients showed that correlation based analysis can show the damage in the limb caused by lym-phostasis.
- Opticheskaya biomedicinskaya diagnostika. V 2-h t. T. 1: Per. s angl. / Pod red. V.V. Tuchina. M.: Nauka. 2007. 560 s.
- Granzow J.W. Lymphedema surgery: the current state of the art // Clin. Exp. Metastasis. 2018. V. 35(5–6). P. 553–558.
- Safonova L.P., Seliverstov A.B. Fabrication and study of the optical characteristics of biological tissue phantoms based on aqueous gels // Medical equipment. 2013. № 1. P. 1–6.
- Zhorina L.V., Zmievskoy G.N., Solntceva A., Low-intensity optical irradiation: Thermographic study of the effects produced // Proceedings – 2018 Ural Symposium on Biomedical Engineering, Radioelectronics and Information Technology. USBEREIT 2018. P. 132–135.
- Safonova L.P. Spektrofotometriya v funkcional'noj diagnostike. M.: Izd-vo MGTU im. Baumana. 2005. 67 s.
- Pika T.O., Safonova L.P. Raschetnye parametry tkanevoj oksimetrii v medicine kriticheskih sostoyanij // Biomedicinskaya radioelektronika. 2012. № 10. S. 53–62.
- SHCHerbachev A.V. i dr. Sistema vizualizacii perifericheskih ven // Nauchno-tekhnicheskaya konferenciya «Mediko-tekhnicheskie tekhnologii na strazhe zdorov'ya 2017»: Sb. dokladov (Moskva, 29 sentyabrya – 6 oktyabrya 2017 g.). M. 2017.
- SHCHerbachev A.V., Bychkov E.A. Razrabotka biotekhnicheskoj sistemy vizualizacii perifericheskih sosudov // Sbornik materialov VII Vseross. nauch. konf. dlya molodyh uchenyh «Aktual'nye voprosy biomedicinskoj inzhenerii». Saratov: Sarat. gos. tekhn. un-t. 2018. S. 208–213.
- SHCHerbachev A.V. i dr. Klyuchevye osobennosti sistemy vizualizacii perifericheskih ven // Biomedicinskaya radioelektronika. 2018. № 10. S. 31–36.