V.P. Smirnov – Ph.D.(Eng.), Associate Professor, Engineer, Israel
In the theory of impedances matching, it could not find a formulation for criterion of the occurrence of the maximum possible (complete) loads matching and for an assessment of the quality of loads matching in the filter band-pass. In this regard, it is advisable to classify the states of the loads matching in the band-pass of polynomial Butterworth and Chebyshev filters. It was proposed, based on peculiarities of shape of the transducer power gain frequency response, to name the state of a complete matching of loads as «matching on-maximum» and also to perform an estimation of a quality of matching through of an average value of this function in the band-pass. The same features of this function make it possible to calling the states of the «matching on-maximum» (MOM) at the band-pass points as «matching on-points» (MOP). As a result of studying the conditions for an occurrence of «matching on-points» of loads in some filters, represented by the parameters in standard prototype tables, inaccuracies were found, for which were given an explanations of their origin and elimination. Little-known parametric conditions for the occurrence of the MOP, are described for polynomial band-passed filter circuits that are performed on the basis of LC resonant sections (RS) and also of the non-resonant sections (NRS), low-frequency type LC and high-frequency type CL. The accumulated experience confirms the practical value of the proposed concepts and definitions when analyzing the process and assessing the quality of loads matching in the band-passed filter-transformers.
- Alan Davis W., Agarval K.K. Radio Frequency Circuit Design. Ch. 5. Wiley. 2001.
- Les Besser, Rowan Gilmor Practical RF Cicuit Design for Modern Wireless Systems: V. 1. Passive Circuits and Systems. Ch. 8. Boston–London: Artech House, Inc. 2003.
- White J.F. High Frequency Techniques. Ch. 2 & 3. Wiley. 2004.
- Abrie P.L.D. The Design of RF and Microwave Amplifiers and Oscillators. Ch. 8. Boston: Artech House, Inc. 1999.
- Bogachev V.M. Coupling circuits synthesis for broadband amplifiers (in Russian). Ch. 3. M.: MEI. 1980. P. 100.
- Matthaei G.L., Young L. and Jones E.M.T. Microwave Filters, Impedance Matching Networks, and Coupling Structures. N-Y: McGraw-Hill 1964. Also, Artech House. 1980. Ch. 1 & 4.
- Pozar D.M. Microwave engineering. Ch. 8. 3rd ed. Wiley. 2005.
- Chris Bowick RF circuits Design. Ch. 3. Woburn, MA, Newnes. 1982.
- Williams A.B., Taylor F.J. Electronic Filter Design Handbook. 4th ed. Ch. 3 & 11. N-Y: McGraw-Hill. 2006.
- AWR Design Environment 9.0 Manual: Measurements. User Guide. Applied Wave Research, Inc. 2005.
- Chen W.K. Passive and Active Filters, Theory and Implementation. Ch. 4. N-Y: Wiley. 1986.
- Matthaei G.L. Tables of Chebyshev Impedance-Transforming Networks of Low-Pass Filter Form. Proc. of the IEEE. August 1964. P. 939−963.
- Zverev A.I. Handbook of Filter Synthesis. N-Y: Wiley. 1967.
- Weinberg L. Network Analysis and Synthesis. N-Y: McGraw Hill. 1962.
- Saal R. Handbuch Zum Filterenwurf. Sec. 3.2, 8.2.3 (in Russian). M.: Radio and Communications. 1983.