R.G. Tarasov – General Director of JSC «SPC and Production Plant Iskra» (Ulyanovsk), Head of Department «Radio systems and technologies», Ulyanovsk State Technical University
E mail: email@example.com
V.A. Sergeev – Dr.Sc.(Eng.), Professor, Director of Kotelnikov UBIRE RAS, Head of Department «Rafioingineering, opto- and nanoelectronics», Ulyanovsk State Technical University
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A.A. Kulikov – Ph.D.(Eng.), Lead Engineer, Kotelnikov UBIRE RAS
E mail: email@example.com
It is known that the power output and efficiency of modern GaAs Monolithic integrated circuits (MIC) of microwave power amplifiers depend to a large extent on the supply voltage, temperature and load matching conditions. As a result, efficiency of modern output power amplifiers (OPA) usually does not exceed 20−25% and depends significantly on both the quality of production of and on the parameters of the operating mode.
The purpose of the work is to study the dependencies of output power GaAs MIC microwave amplifiers and sub-modules of the OPA with two MIC from operating mode parameters and to determine the possibility of diagnostic control of the quality of the OPA according to the specified dependencies.
Relationships of output power GaAs MIS microwave amplifiers of X band type 1201 (OKB-Planet JSC) and type ХР1006-BD (MIMIX Broadband), due to the quality and duty cycle of the radio pulses, a small number of samples of the IIAs studied were observed (~0.2 dBm) reduction of output power with increase of radio pulses duration from 50 to 2000 μs at specified duty cycle Q. At that, output power level of MIC at low duty cycle Q = 5 is less than at duty cycle 50 and 100, which is explained by self-heating of MIS with dissipated power.
Measurements of output power submodules of OPA with two MIC type ХР1006-BD, made in nominal mode in the temperature range from 20 to 110°C, showed that in all samples of OPA output power significantly (by 1.5−2.0 W) decreases with temperature increase. At the same time, the higher the initial level of output power, the lower the slope of temperature relationship.
As the supply voltage decreases in the voltage range from 8.5 to 6 V, the output power of the investigated OPA decreases almost linearly with the average selective slope of 2.0 W/V and mean quadratic deviation of 0.15 W/V. The steepness of this relationship increases with temperature and at 45° C for measured samples increased to 2.4 W/V. In order to reject potentially unreliable sub-modules OPA, the value of slope of output power dependence on supply voltage or critical supply voltage at elevated temperature can be used.
- Vikulov I. Monolitnye integralnye skhemy SVCh. Elektronika: Nauka. Tekhnologiya. Biznes. 2012. № 7. S. 60−73. (in Russian)
- Krasnikov G.Ya., Volosov A.V., Kotlyarov E.Yu. i dr. Priemo-peredayushchii submodul Kh diapazona chastot. Elektronnaya tekhnika. Ser. 3. Mikroelektronika. 2016. № 3. S. 23−29. (in Russian)
- Sergeev V.A., Tarasov R.G., Kulikov A.A. Vyborochnye raspredeleniya submodulei vykhodnykh usilitelei moshchnosti AFAR Kh diapazona po energeticheskim parametram. Izvestiya VUZov. Elektronika. 2018. T. 23. № 1. S. 93−98. (in Russian)
- 8.5−11.0 GHz GaAs MMIC Power Amplifier (MIMIX Broadband). http://htmldatasheet.ru/mimix/xp1006.htm.
- Tarasov R.G., Sergeev V.A. Izmeritelnyi kompleks dlya kontrolya kharakteristik submodulei vykhodnykh usilitelei moshchnosti priemo-peredayushchikh modulei AFAR Kh diapazona. Radiotekhnika. 2018. № 6. S. 98−102. (in Russian)
- Sergeev V.A., Tarasov R.G., Kulikov A.A. Diagnostika kachestva vykhodnykh usilitelei moshchnosti priemoperedayushchikh modulei AFAR po temperaturnym polyam. Avtomatizatsiya protsessov upravleniya. 2019. № 1. S. 112−117. (in Russian)
- Pat. № 2684681 MPK RF. Sposob razdeleniya integralnykh skhem klassa «sistema na kristalle» po nadezhnosti. Gorlov M.I., Sergeev V.A., Tarasov R.G. i dr.; zayavitel Ulyanovskii gosudarstvennyi tekhnicheskii universitet. Zayavka № 2017139636, zayavl. 14.11.2017. Opubl. 11.04.2019. Byul. № 11. (in Russian)