I. P. Kovalyov – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Department of Electronics and Computer Networks, Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University n.a. R.E. Alekseev
N. I. Kuzikova – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Department of Physics and Technology of Optical Communication, Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University n.a. R.E. Alekseev
The solution of the problem of diffraction of electromagnetic waves on a wedge in the time domain is extremely rare in the literature. Moreover, the analysis of the problems of electrodynamics in the time domain is of undoubted interest, since the time characteristics show a change in the picture of the electromagnetic field in time. In these pictures, the influence of various parts of the analyzed object on the radiated or scattered field is clearly visible, which facilitates the physical interpretation of the processes.
The effect on a perfectly conducting wedge of a plane electromagnetic wave, whose field depends on time, has been reviewed. Through the inverse Fourier transform of the classical solution in the frequency domain, the equations have been obtained for the response of a wedge to a pulsed wave. Integrating the obtained equations in time, we found formulas for the response of a wedge to a single field drop. The obtained formulas have been reduced to a convenient form for numerical calculations; singular terms are singled out in them, for which analytical results have been obtained.
The graphs of the dependence of the electromagnetic field components on time and spatial coordinates have been given. The vector images of the electric field have been presented, illustrating its change over time.
- Markov G.T., Chaplin A.F. Vozbuzhdenie elektromagnitnykh voln. M.: Energiya. 1967.
- Khenl Kh., Maue A., Vestpfal' K. Teoriya difraktsii: Per. s nem. pod red. G.D. Malyuzhintsa. M.: Mir. 1964.
- Vaganov R.B., Katsenelenbaum B.Z. Osnovy teorii difraktsii. M.: Nauka. 1982.
- Harrington R.F. Time-harmonic electromagnetic fields. New York: McGraw-Hill. 1961.
- Transient electromagnetic fields. Ed. by L.B. Felsen. Springer–Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg. New York. 1976.
- Spravochnik po spetsial'nym funktsiyam. Pod red. M. Abramovitsa i I. Stigan. Per. s angl. pod red. V.A. Ditkina i L.N. Karmazinoj. M.: Nauka. 1979.