D.V. Semenov – Ph.D.(Eng.), Associate Professor, Department «Information Processing and Control Systems», Bauman Moscow State Technical University
V.M. Chernenky – Dr.Sc.(Eng.), Professor, Head of Department «Information Processing and Control Systems», Bauman Moscow State Technical University
The article describes a method for determining the parameters of the electromagnetic field in a curved homogeneous waveguide. It is shown that the only harmonic dependence of the parameters of an electromagnetic wave as a result of bending in a certain plane is transformed into a dependence according to the type of the Bessel function.
We must assume that this solution is common from a mathematical point of view, because with an infinitely large radius of bending, this dependence converges to a harmonic function. This technique can be used for analytical assessment or numerical calculation of wave-water parameters and wave tract design as a whole. The presence of relatively simple analytical expressions makes it much easier to optimize the wave tract and build software and computing complexes for their evaluation and development.
In the design of wave guides are often in demand spatial solutions. However, for the most part, from a methodical point of view, linearly extended structures with different section shapes are considered. At the same time, any spatial waveguide can be considered as a structure composed of segments bent in a plane with a certain radius. Therefore, a common solution for a ring (or segmented-ring) waveguide can be considered as a methodological basis for such studies.
The article describes a method for determining the parameters of the electromagnetic field in a curved homogeneous waveguide. It is shown that the harmonic dependence of the electromagnetic wave parameters is transformed into the type of Bessel function as the only one as a result of bending in a certain plane. We believe that this solution is common from a mathematical point of view, because at infinitely large bending radius this dependence converges to the harmonic function. This technique can be used for analytical evaluation or numerical calculation of the waveguide parameters and design of the waveguide path as a whole. The presence of relatively simple analytical expressions greatly facilitates the task of optimizing the waveguide path and the construction of software and computer systems for their evaluation and development.
- Bessonov L.A. Teoreticheskie osnovy elektrotekhniki. Elektromagnitnoe pole. M.: Gardariki. 2001.
- Kulyabov D.S., Nemchaninova N.A. Uravneniya Maksvella v krivolineinykh koordinatakh. Vestnik RUDN. Ser. «Matematika. Informatika. Fizika». 2011. № 2. S. 172–179.
- Zubov V.I. Funktsii Besselya: Uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie. M.: MFTI. 2007.
- Koshlyakov N.S., Gliner E.B., Smirnov M.M. Uravneniya v chastnykh proizvodnykh matematichcheskoi fiziki. M.: Vysshaya shkola. 1970.
- Levin L. Teoriya volnovodov. Metody resheniya volnovykh zadach. M.: Radio i svyaz. 1981.
- Nikolskii V.V. i Nikolskaya T.I. Elektrodinamika i rasprostraninie radiovoln: Ucheb. posobie dlya vuzov. M.: Nauka. 1989.