G. R. Kudasheva – Post-graduate Student, Ophthalmologist, Ophthalmology Department of the Faculty of Medicine, Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University
The relevance of the problem of studying the anatomical, physiological and pathophysiological features of the choroid is caused with its main role in many processes of functioning and development of the eye and vision. The choroid is well supplied with blood vessels and provides with oxygen and nutrients RPE and external lyres of the retina. Therefore its disturbances give rise for degenerative changes and neovascularization of the retina.
Investigation of the fundamental and clinical trials anatomical and physiological properties of the choroid is of interest. There are described the mechanisms of its innervation. Many researches consider unique properties of the choroid in relation to the thickness. The reliable examination methods are described in the specialized literature.
A review of the literature on the fundamental and clinical studies of the anatomical and physiological properties of the choroid and its innervation mechanisms has been presented in the article. The unique properties of the choroids from the standpoint of the influence on its thickness have been considered. The analysis of the optimal research methods, which, given the object of diagnosis, can be attributed to neurocomputer.
- Nickla D.L., Wallman J. The multifunctional choroids. Progress in Retinal and Eye Research. 2010. V. 29. № 2. P. 144–168.
- Sarah L.O. Indocyanine green angiography. British Journal of Ophthalmology. 1996. V. 80. P. 263–266.
- Lihteh W. Choroidal neovascularization. MD Asociados de Macula Vitreo y Retina de Costa Rica. Medscape, Ophtalmology. 2016.
- Lumbroso B., Huang D., Romano A., Rispoli M., Coscas G. Clinical En Face OCT Atlas. JP Medical Ltd. 2013.
- Jonas J.B., Xu L. Histological changes of high axial myopia. Eye. 2014. V. 28. № 2. P. 113–117.
- Xiao Qiang Li, Larsen M., Munch I.C. Subfoveal choroidal thickness in relation to sex and axial length in 93 Danish university students. Clinical and Epidemiologic Research. 2011. V. 53. № 11. P. 8438–8441.
- Avetisov S.E. i dr. Analiz tolshchiny khorioidei u patsientov s subretinal'noj neovaskulyarnoj membranoj i miopiej [Elektronnyj resurs]. URL: http://www.eyenews.ru/news/item111920. [in Russian]
- Zakharova M.A., Kuroedov A.V. Opticheskaya kogerentnaya tomografiya: tekhnologiya, stavshaya real'nost'yu. Klinicheskaya oftal'mologiya. 2015. №4. S. 204–211. [in Russian]
- Kurysheva N.I. Rol' khorioidei v razvitii glaukomnoj optikonejropatii [Elektronnyj resurs]. Rossijskaya oftal'mologiya onlajn. 2014. № 13. URL: https://eyepress.ru/article.aspx?13023. [in Russian]