I.B. Naguslaeva – Ph.D. (Phys.-Math.), Associate Professor, Senior Research Scientist of Laboratory «Electromagnetic Diagnostics», Institute of Physical Material Science of the Siberian Branch of the RAS (Ulan-Ude)
Yu.B. Bashkuev –Dr.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Head of Laboratory «Electromagnetic Diagnostics», Institute of Physical Material Science of the Siberian Branch of the RAS (Ulan-Ude)
The electromagnetic field is the most important factor of the environment, closely interconnected with other components of the natural complex of the planet and affecting human life. The statistical analysis of the results of simultaneous monitoring of anthropogenic and natural electromagnetic field in Ulan-Ude city and its suburbs is carried out in the article. Multichannel geophysical data loggers MGR-01 and MGR-1M (development and production of IMKEC of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Tomsk) operating in the VLF range are used for monitoring. The analysis of the results of continuous monitoring shows the dynamics of daily, weekly and monthly level of the VLF pulse flow of the magnetic component of the man-made electromagnetic field in Ulan-Ude (there is a superposition of the technogenic and natural electromagnetic field). Variations in the VLF intensity of the impulse flux of the magnetic component revealed a daily course reflecting the city's production activity. The «Sunday» effect was noted, where on Saturday, Sunday and on holidays, the VLF level of the electromagnetic field decreases by 3…4 orders of magnitude compared to the work days on all measured frequencies: 2; 7 and 14,5 kHz. The ratio of natural and technogenic background at a frequency of 14,5 kHz on a monthly interval of observations clearly demonstrates the strong man-made electromagnetic pollution in Ulan-Ude. Statistical analysis of the results of perennial year-round observations of the EEMPZ at the Verkhnyaya Berezovka hospital (suburb of Ulan-Ude) shows that the changes in the magnetic component intensity can be traced to a distinct daily variation characteristic of summer, winter, and transitional periods of autumn and spring. At the same time, high correlation coefficients of the VLF pulse
current of the ENEMP were revealed during observations in the summer and winter months of 2008-2015 (up to 0,98). In transition periods (spring and autumn), the correlation coefficients vary from 0,2 to 0,9. It is advisable to continue the studies towards narrow and precise analysis of the technogenic electromagnetic impact, as well as to determine the contribution and nature of specific sources of electromagnetic radiation.
- Ruzhin Yu.Ya., Chertoprud V.E., Ivanov-Holodnyj G.S. Sutochnaya variaciya effekta konca nedeli v global'noj sejsmoaktivnosti. Geomagnetizm i aeronomiya. 2016. T. 56. № 5. S. 620–626. [in Russian]
- Apollonskij S.M., Malayan K.R. Elektromagnitnaya ekologiya cheloveka. SPb.: Izd-vo Politehnicheskogo universiteta. 2008. [in Russian]
- Malyshkov Yu.P., Naguslaeva I.B., Bashkuev Yu.B. Mnogokanal'nyj geofizicheskij registrator MGR-01 i nekotorye rezul'taty ego primeneniya v Bajkal'skom regione. Vestnik Mezhdunarodnoj Akademii nauk ekologii i bezopasnosti zhiznedeyatel'nosti. SPb. 2008. T. 13. № 3 (prilozhenie). S. 197–200. [in Russian]
- Naguslaeva I.B., Bashkuev Yu.B. Elektromagnitnaya diagnostika neodnorodnyh sred sejsmoaktivnoj oblasti. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH&Co, Saarbrucken, Germany. 2012. [in Russian]
- Sejsmoionosfernye i sejsmoelektromagnitnye processy v Bajkal'skoj riftovoj zone. Afrajmovich E.L. i dr.; otv. red. G.A. Zherebcov; Ros. akad. nauk, Sib. otd-nie, In-t solnechno-zemnoj fiziki, In-t zemnoj kory, In-t fizicheskogo materialovedeniya. Novosibirsk: Izd-vo SO RAN. 2012. (Integracionnye proekty SO RAN. V. 35). [in Russian]
- Molchanov O.A., Hayakawa M. Seismo Electromagnetics and Related Phenomena: History and latest results. TERRAPUB. Tokyo. Japan. 2008.