N.М. Boev – Leading Engineer, Laboratory «Electrodynamics and Microwave Electronics», Kirensky Institute of Physics , Siberian Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences (Krasnoyarsk)
S.A. Khodenkov – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Reshetnev Siberian State University of Science and Technology (Krasnoyarsk)
V.S. Denisenko – Post-graduate Student, Department of Radioengineering, Siberian Federal University (Krasnoyarsk)
Frequency-selective devices of microwave frequencies are the most important elements of modern radio-engineering systems. Tradi-tionally, bandpass filters are in great demand. At present, special attention is paid to microstrip filters, including based on multimode resonators. In the present work, the results of studies of microstrip filters based on a multimode resonator with strip-shaped conductor in the form of a meander were obtained by electrodynamic numerical analysis of their 3D models. The calculations used a substrate with dielectric permittivity ε = 80 and thickness h = 1 mm. At the same time, it is possible to realize bandpass filters using only one multimode resonator in the structure. In order to do it, the segments of the folded strip conductor should be grounded to the base at certain points. Structure dimensions of each of the six filters were selected in such a way that the lowest resonance from each quarter- and half-wave resonator formed a passband with a relative width Δf/f0 = 20%. Resonators, having from three to eight oscillations modes, have been investigated. Conductor’s folding in the meander increase number is accompanied by a proportional improvement in the selective properties of filters. Furthermore, the usage of additional resonators in the structure, for example hairpin ones, makes it possible to realize a filter with high frequency-selective properties: steep slopes of passband and extended high-frequency stop band. Therefore, the possibility of implementing bandpass filters based on multimode resonator with a meander conductor is shown.
- Zakharov A.V., Il’chenko M.E. Millimiter-wave stripline bandpass filters // Journal of Communications Technology and Electronics. 2017. V. 62. № 10. P. 1184–1192.
- Zakharov A.V., Ilchenko M.Ye., Pinchuk L.S. Microstrip U-shaped resonators // Radioelectronics and Communications Systems. 2012. V. 55. № 8. P. 368–374.
- Aristarkhov G.M., Zvezdinov N.V. High-selectivity single- and dual-resonator microstrip filters // Journal of Communications Technology and Electronics. 2017. V. 62. № 8. P. 916–920.
- Zakharov A.V., Ilchenko M.Ye., Pinchuk L.S. Microwave resonators with dual-mode oscillations // Radioelectronics and Communications Systems. 2012. V. 55. № 11. P. 496–505.
- Belyaev B.A., Serzhantov A.M., Tyurnev V.V. A dual-mode split microstrip resonator and its application in frequency selective devices // Microwave and Optical Technology Letters. 2013. V. 55. № 9. P. 2186–2190.