I.I. Lavrenyuk – Engineer, Institute of Physics, Nanotechnology and Telecommunications of Peter The Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
A.S. Ovsyannikova – Engineer, Institute of Physics, Nanotechnology and Telecommunications of Peter The Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
M.A. Sivers – Dr.Sc.(Eng.), Professor, Bonch-Bruevich Saint-Petersburg State University of Telecommunications
A.V. Blinov – Dr.Sc.(Eng.), Professor, Institute of Physics, Nanotechnology and Telecommunications of Peter The Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
This article is devoted to the investigation of the problem of estimation and reduction of the PAPR level of FTN-signal sequences. The application of optimal FTN-signals allows to significantly increase the information transmission rate and spectral efficiency without significant losses in energy efficiency. It was shown that by using optimal signals it is possible to exceed the Nyquist barrier by more than 2 times. However, an increase in the information transmission rate results in a deep intersymbol interference, and as a conse-quence, the unevenness of the envelope amplitude increases. The problem of correct estimation and avoidance of possible energy losses resulting from underutilization by power of amplifier stages in a radio transmitter is relevant for wireless systems with FTN-signals. It is necessary to have an idea of the level of the signal peak factor for various system parameters (information transfer rate, single pulse shape, pulse duration, signal constellation dimension), and also to analyze the effectiveness of PAPR level reduction methods to solve this problem. The article presents estimation of the peak factor for different values of symbolic rates of random optimal FTN-signal sequences. The estimation is made on the basis of the analysis of statistical characteristics and amplitude distributions; hence it is possible to choose the most effective method of decreasing high PAPR level. It should be noted that the reduction in the level of the PAPR is proposed to be carried out by applying the amplitude limitation of the signal.
- Liveris A.D., Georghiades C.N. Exploiting faster-than-Nyquist signaling // IEEE Transactions on Communications. 2003. T. 51. № 9. S. 1502−1511.
- Yoo Y.G., Cho J.H. Asymptotic Optimality of Binary Faster-than-Nyquist Signaling // IEEE Communications Letters. 2010. T. 14. № 9. S. 788−790.
- Gorlov A., Gelgor A., Nguyen V.P. Root-Raised Cosine versus Optimal Finite Pulses for Faster-than-Nyquist Generation // Proceedings of 16th International Conference «Internet of Things, Smart Spaces, and Next Generation Networks and Systems» (NEW2AN 2016) and 9th Conference, ruSMART 2016. St. Petersburg (Russia). 26−28 September 2016 / Pod red. O. Galinina i dr. 10.1007/978-3-319-46301 8_54 ‒ Cham: Springer International Publishing. 2016. S. 628−640.
- Fan J.C., Guo S.J., Zhou X.W., Ren Y.J., Li G.Y., Chen X. Faster-Than-Nyquist Signaling: An Overview // IEEE Access. 2017. T. 5. S. 1925−1940.
- Rusek F., Anderson J.B. Constrained Capacities for Faster-Than-Nyquist Signaling // IEEE Transactions on Information Theory. 2009. T. 55. № 2. S. 764−775.
- Anderson J.B., Rusek F., Owall V. Faster-Than-Nyquist Signaling // Proceedings of IEEE. 2013. T. 101. № 8. S. 1817−1830.
- Antonov E.O., Fadeev D.K., Nguen T.N., Rashich A.V. Snizhenie pik-faktora mnogochastotny'x signalov s neortogonal'ny'm chastotny'm uplotneniem metodom rezervirovaniya podnesushhix chastot // Radiotexnika. 2018. № 1. S. 16−23.
- Ovsyannikova A.S., Zavjalov S.V., Makarov S.B., Volvenko S.V. Choosing parameters of optimal signals with restriction on correlation coefficient // Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). LNCS ‒Springer. 2017. T. 10531. S. 619−628.
- Zavjalov S.V., Makarov S.B., Volvenko S.V., Wei X. Waveform optimization of SEFDM signals with constraints on bandwidth and an out-of-band emission level // 15th International Conference on Next-Generation Wired/Wireless Advanced Networks and Systems, NEW2AN 2015 and 8th Conference on Internet of Things and Smart Spaces. (ruSMART). 2015. T. 9247. S. 636−646.
- Makarov S.B., Zav'yalov S.V. Optimizacziya spektral'no-e'ffektivny'x mnogochastotny'x neortogonal'ny'x signalov // Radiotexnika. 2016. № 12. S. 121−133.