V.V. Glazkov - Ph.D. (Eng.), Senior Lecturer, Department of Autonomous Information and Operating Systems, Bauman Moscow State Technical University
M.V. Gonobina - Student, Department of Autonomous Information and Operating Systems, Bauman Moscow State Technical University
S.V. Mikaelyan - Assistant, Department of Autonomous Information and Operating Systems, Bauman Moscow State Technical University
Several variants of the mathematical model of target tracking in driver assistance radar system are considered in article, conclusions about the effect of radar sensor carrier maneuvering on the operation of the tracking algorithm are made. Structurally the article consists of an introduction, two parts and a conclusion. The introduction shows the timeliness of the topic and the goal of research.
The first part is devoted to the description of mathematical models of target tracking depending on the chosen coordinate system. The relations between kinematic parameters in the problem of target tracking are considered. They need to be taken into account when developing a target tracking algorithm for a radar sensor. Virtues and shortcomings of pointed methods are shown, application areas and restrictions of each method are also indicated.
In the second part, the effect of radar sensor carrier maneuvering on the accuracy of target tracking by the car locator is considered on the example of model situations. The results of simulation of tracking errors for several variants of the mathematical model of tracking targets in different maneuvering conditions are presented. Conclusions about the dependence of the error value on the model are made.
In conclusion, it is concluded that it is possible to improve the accuracy of the tracking algorithm in the moving coordinate system, due to the inclusion of the radar sensor for self-angular velocity measurement in the radar equipment.
- Jocoy E.H., Knight J.R. Adapting radar and tracking technology to an on-board automotive collision warning system // 17th DASC. AIAA/IEEE/SAE. Digital Avionics Systems Conference. Proceedings (Cat. No.98CH36267). 1998. Oct. V. 2. P. 124/1¬124/8.
- Schiffmann J.K., Widmann G.R. Model-based scene tracking using radar sensors for intelligent automotive vehicle systems // Proceedings of Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems. 1997. Nov. P. 421–426.
- Polychronopoulos A., Amditis A., Floudas N., Lind H. Integrated object and road border tracking using 77 GHz automotive radars // IEE Proceedings - Radar, Sonar and Navigation. 2004. Dec. V. 151. № 6. P. 375–381.
- Khomchuk P., Stainvas I., Bilik I. Pedestrian motion direction estimation using simulated automotive MIMO radar // IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems. 2016. June. V. 52. № 3. P. 1132–1145.
- Fetterman M.R., Carlsen A. Blockage detection algorithm for automotive radars // 2016 IEEE MTT-S International Conference on Microwaves for Intelligent Mobility (ICMIM). 2016. May. P. 1–4.
- Меркулов В.И., Канащенков А.И., Перов А.И. и др. Оценивание дальности и скорости в радиолокационных системах. Ч.1 / Под ред. А.И. Канащенкова и В.И. Меркулова. М.: Радиотехника. 2004. 312 с.
- Меркулов В.И., Перов А.И., Дрогалин В.В и др. Оценивание дальности и скорости в радиолокационных системах. Ч.2 / Под ред. В.И. Меркулова. М.: Радиотехника. 2007. 304 с.
- Rong Li X., Vesselin P.G. Survey of Maneuvering Target Tracking. Part I: Dynamic Models // IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems. 2003. № 4. P. 1333¬1364.