M.I. Sychev – Dr.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University)
D.S. Golenko – Post-graduate Student, Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University)
This paper considers a ballistic target tracking problem by means of passive antenna array. The ballistic target is assumed to constantly emit signals so the Doppler measurements are available. A multiple model filter with state dependent transition matrix is proposed where each filter represents flight phase of the target. Different dynamic models are considered for each of three flight phases: boost phase, free flight, reentry phase. The trajectory is built in geocentric Cartesian coordinate system while measurements are taken in the local spherical coordinate system. Extended Kalman filter is used to deal with nonlinearities in the observation model. Three modifications of the multiple model filter are presented and comparison is made throughout a simulation. It was verified that rapid changes in a probability vector can accurately indicate model change moment. Simulation results show that noticeable
improvement in a mean trajectory accuracy can be achieved by adding merging step between threads of the filter while maintaining almost the same standard deviation error.
- Rong li X., Vesselin P. Jilkov Survey of maneuvering target tracking. Part II: Ballistic target models // IEEE Transactions on aerospace and electronic systems. New Orleans. Jan. 2010. V. 46. № 1. P. 96–119.
- Nan Wu, Lei Chen, Yongjun Lei, Fankun Meng Adaptive estimation algorithm of boost-phase trajectory using binary asynchronous observation // Journal of aerospace engineering. February 24, 2016. V. 230. № 14. P. 2661–2672.
- Chun Wei Huang, Chun Liang Lin, Yu Ping Lin Estimator design for re-entry targets // ISA Transactions. March 2014. V. 53. № 2. P. 658–670.
- Chen Chuxin, Zhou Deyun Study on a new algorithm for tracking ballistic missile in free flight phase // Advanced materials research. 2014. V. 981. P. 743–753.
- Ning Xiao-lei, Chen Zhan-qi, Li Xiao-yang Ballistic target tracking algorithm based on improved particle filtering // Proc. SPIE 9675, AOPC 2015: Image processing and analysis, 96752B. October 2015. V. 9675.
- Sihchev M.I., Fesenko S.V. Ocenivanie koordinat i parametrov dvizheniya vozdushnihkh sudov po informacii ot radiolokacionnihkh sredstv nablyudeniya // Ehlektronnihyj zhurnal «Trudih MAI». 2015. № 83.
- Sihchev M.I. Traektornaya obrabotka radiolokacionnoyj informacii na osnove mnogomodeljnoyj filjtracii // Ehlektronnihyj zhurnal «Trudih MAI». 2016. № 90.
- Miao Yu, Wen-Hua Chen, J. Chambers State dependent multiple model-based particle filtering for ballistic missile tracking in a low-observable environment // Aerospace science and technology. August 2017. V. 67. P. 144–154.
- Jung J.K., Hwang D.H. The novel impact point prediction of a ballistic target with interacting multiple models // Proc. of ICCAS 2013 Conf. P. 450–453.
- Bi S Z., Ren X.Y. Maneuvering target dopler-bearing tracking with signal time delay using interacting multiple model algorithms // Progress in electromagnetics research. 2008. V. 87. P. 15–41.
- Becker K. Three-dimensional target motion analysis using angle and frequency measurements // IEEE Transactions on aerospace and electronic systems. January 2005. V. 41. № 1. P. 284–301.
- Yaakov Bar-Shalom, X.-Rong Li, Thiagalingam Kirubarajan Estimation with aplications to tracking and navigation / John Wiley&Sons, Inc., New York. Jun. 2001.
- Rong li X., Vesselin P. Jilkov Survey of Maneuvering Target Tracking. Part I: Dynamic Models // IEEE Transactions on aerospace and electronic systems. Oct. 2003. V. 39. № 4. P. 1333–1364.
- Defense MaPing Agency World Geodetic System 84 Development Committee, Randall W. Smith. Department of Defense World Geodetic System 1984: its definition and relation-ships with local geodetic systems / Defense maPing agency. University of Michigan. 1987.
- Jinwhan Kim, Menon P.K., Ohlmeyer E.J. Comparison Between Nonlinear Filtering Techniques for Spiraling Ballistic Missile State Estimation // IEEE Transactions on aerospace and electronic systems. January 2012. V. 48. № 1. P. 313–328.
- MSEh-R. Rekomendaciya MSEh-R P.835-5 Ehtalonnihe standartnihe atmosferih // Mezhdunarodnihyj soyuz ehlektrosvyazi. Zheneva. 2013.