A.G. Grizhebovskaya – Post-graduate Student, Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics, Lomonosov Moscow State University
The problems of processing images of fingerprints obtained from a biometric scanner are considered. An algorithm has been developed and implemented for finding individual segments of fingerprints for the image of four fingers of the hand or two large fingers. It is shown that this algorithm selects images of individual segments, their coordinates, and the angle of rotation. It is noted that the algorithm uses a two-step analysis method, which allows to improve the accuracy of individual segments, and also uses analysis of geometric characteristics of segments. It is revealed that the algorithm works steadily at large angles of rotation and in the presence of artifacts on the image, such as: fingerprints, contamination. The algorithm was tested on the basis of 1000 images of four fingers and 500 images containing two thumbs.
- Maltoni D., Maio D., Jain A.K., Prabhakar S. Handbook of Fingerprint Recognition. New York: Springer-Verlag. 2009. 510 p.
- Watson C., Flanagan P., Cochran B. Slap Fingerprint Segmentation Evaluation II. Testing Procedure and Results. National Institute of Standards and Technology. NISTIR 7553. 2009. 164 p.
- Watson C., Garris M., Tabassi E., Wilson C., McCabe R.M., Janet S., Ko K. User’s Guide to NIST Biometric Image Software (NBIS). NISTIR 7392. 2009.
- Singh N., Nigam A., Gupta P., Gupta P. Four Slap Fingerprint Segmentation // ICIC 2012: Intelligent Computing Theories and Applications. 2012. P. 664−671.
- Gudkov V.Yu., Boytsov A.V. Enhancement of fingerprint images using Gabor Filter // Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series «Computer Technologies, Automatic Control, Radio Electronics». 2015. T. 15. № 1. S. 128−132.
- Nimkar R., Mishra A. Fingerprint Segmentation Algorithms: A Literature Review // International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887). 2014. V. 95. № 5. P. 20−24.