V.V. Komarov – Dr.Sc.(Eng.), Professor, Department «Radio Electronics and Telecommunications», Yuri Gagarin State Technical University of Saratov
V.P. Meschanov – Dr.Sc.(Eng.), Professor, Director of NIKA-Microwave, Ltd (Saratov)
A.V. Syromyatnikov – Deputy Director for Research, NIKA-Microwave, Ltd (Saratov)
Coaxial-waveguide transitions find wide practical application in microwave engineering for matching transmission lines, cavity resonators and other components of different systems. Some of them, used in satellite communication systems, must be adapted for transmission of high power electromagnetic energy in wide frequency ranges. New design of such transition where several know-how ideas were realized has been proposed in the present study. Three-dimensional model of this device has been built by using the finite element method implemented in COMSOL software. Geometrical parameters of transition which provide voltage standing wave ratio values less than 1.3 at frequencies from 3 to 4 GHz have been obtained with the help of optimization algorithm on the conjugate gradient method. Numerical examination of new design has been performed by means of finite integration technique and commercial software CST Microwave Studio. Good agreement of two independent simulation tools was achieved. Obtained numerical data were used to development of high power microwave transition for satellite communication systems of new generation.
- Sazonov D.M. Antenny' i ustrojstva SVCh. M.: Vy'sshaya shkola. 1988. 320 c.
- Pat. US № 4463324. Miniature coaxial line to waveguide transition / Rolfs J.C. 1984.
- Pat. RF № 2464676 S1. Miniatyurny'j koaksial'no-volnovodny'j perexod / Majorov A.P., Rudakov V.A., Sledkov V.A. 2011.
- Wang C., Guo G., Wang J., Li E. Analysis and design of Ku-band coaxial-waveguide transition // PIERS Proceedings, Guangzhou. China. 2014. P. 128−131.
- Yang D.-Y. Design and fabrication of an end-launched rectangular waveguide adapter fed by a coaxial loop // Journal of Information and Communication Convergence Engineering. 2012. V. 10. № 2. P. 103−107.
- Pat. RF № 2517678 S1. Koaksial'no-volnovodny'j perexod / Xomyakov A.V., Zhuravlev S.A., Klapov V.P., Manaenkov E.V., Terexin S.N. 2012.
- Zargano G.F., Lyapin V.P., Mixalevskij V.S. i dr. Volnovody' slozhny'x sechenij. M.: Radio i svyaz'. 1986. 124 s.
- Pat. RF № 2011245. Soosny'j koaksial'no-volnovodny'j perexod / Tyurin Yu.V., 1994.
- Komarov V.V. Optimizacziya S parametrov chislenny'x modelej dissipativny'x SVCh-e'lementov slozhnoj konfiguraczii // E'lektromagnitny'e volny' i e'lektronny'e sistemy'. 2006. T. 11. № 2/3. S. 64−73.