V.E. Drach – Ph.D.(Eng.), Associate Professor, Department «Design and manufacturing of electronic equipment», Kaluga branch of the Bauman MSTU
A.I. Luganskaya – Undergraduate, Department «Design and manufacturing of electronic equipment», Kaluga branch of the Bauman MSTU
The research of the characteristics of the antenna by changing the position of barrier in front of its radiation is analyzed in article «The barrier effect on uhf horn antenna characteristics». The task is relevant because in real world there is always some barrier in front of the antenna.
The article consists of four main parts.
In the introduction there are a brief classification of antennas by construction, the main advantages and applications of horn antennas.
The tasks of the work are defined in the next part. It is necessary to obtain the characteristics of a horn antenna at a frequency of 10 GHz, developed in the CAD Ansoft HFSS, for barriers of three different materials, the position of barriers varies.
In the main part of the article characteristics of a horn antenna are shown in the tables for the following cases:
There is no barrier in front of antenna’s radiation;
Fiberglass barrier in front of antenna’s radiation;
Copper barrier in front of antenna’s radiation;
Combined barrier of fiberglass and copper in front of antenna’s radiation.
Intermediate conclusions are placed for each researched case that improves perception in comparison with tabular data.
The conclusion contains the main results of work. It is established that with increasing thickness of a fiberglass and copper barrier the gain and the electromagnetic radiation increase. If the distance to the barrier is increased than it can be observed the decrease of these values.
As a result, it can be noted that the problem that was posed at the beginning of this article was solved – the main characteristics of UHF horn antenna were obtained and the effect of a barrier on its characteristics was researched.
- Akishin Yegor, Krasnitsky Yury A. Theoretical and experimental research of a horn antenna near field // Reliability and Statistics in Transportation and Communication. 2011. S. 350−355.
- Sirkeli A.I., Drach V.E. Raschet xarakteristik rupornoj antenny' SVCh-diapazona // Naukoemkie texnologii v priboro- i mashinostroenii i razvitie innovaczionnoj deyatel'nosti v vuze. Kaluga: Izdatel'stvo MGTU im. N.E'. Baumana. 2017. T. 1. S. 123−126.
- Morozov E.V., Lopatin A.V., Taygin V.B. Design, analysis, manufacture and testing of composite corrugated horn for the spacecraft antenna system // Composite structures. 2016. S. 505−512.
- Bayat-Makou N., Kishk A.A Substrate integrated horn antenna with uniform aperture distribution // IEEE transactions on antennas and propagation. 2017. № 2. S. 514−520.
- Mcauley I., Murphy J.A., McCarthy D., Gradziel M., Mahon R., O'Sullivan C., Trappe N. Determination of the phase centers of millimeter-wave horn antennas using a holographic interference technique // Journal of infrared, millimeter, and terahertz waves. 2016. № 4. S. 340−355.
- Sirkeli A.I., Drach V.E. Obzor SAPR modelirovaniya SVCh-ustrojstv // Interaktivnaya nauka. 2017. № 11. S. 139−141.