V.K. Khokhlov – Dr.Sc.(Eng.), Professor, Department «Autonomous information and operating systems»,
Bauman Moscow State Technical University
S.M. Ghazaryan – Ph.D.(Eng.), Associate Professor, Department «Autonomous information and operating systems», Bauman Moscow State Technical University
A.K. Likhoedenko – Engineer, Bauman Moscow State Technical University; Student, HSE (Moscow)
In this paper, the algorithm for the formation of the phased array antenna directional pattern in the direction finder of localized objects against the background of distributed in space interference based on the regression time method of signal processing from the outputs of the phased array antenna is considered, allowing to suppress side lobes in the directional diagram of the direction finder.
To solve the problem with the given assumptions, the cross-correlation coefficients of the signals at the channel outputs of an equidistant linear phased array antenna are investigated when working with a localized object against the background of interference. It is shown that the cross-correlation coefficients of the signals at the outputs of the channels of phased array antenna with signal-to-noise ratio of power greater than 10 and the antenna aperture up to 20 wavelengths depend little on the distance between the receiving elements, and the coefficients are more than 0.95.
To substantiate the parameters of the regression algorithm, the regression statistical characteristics of the signals are considered under the given assumptions.
The coefficients of multiple regression at high values of the cross-correlation coefficients of signals in phased array antenna are subs-tantiated. The temporal regression algorithm for signal processing in the phased array antenna is justified for a given decision interval. The structural diagram of the system that implements the proposed signal processing algorithm is given. Based on the mathematical models of signals and interference, the dependencies were obtained, the statistical simulation of the phased array antenna directional pattern in the scanning mode was carried out, and the estimates of the directional pattern parameters for different signal-to-noise ratios and the parameter of the regression algorithm were obtained.
It is shown that the system with regression signal processing has better directional functions in comparison with the system with linear processing: the main maximum of the directional pattern is narrower, and the side lobes are completely suppressed. When implementing the signal processing path in real time, the system with regression processing is slightly more complicated than the system with linear processing. With digital regression processing of signals, in comparison with spectral processing, there is no need to apply discrete Fourier transforms.
The considered version of signal processing path construction can be used, for example, in hydroacoustic systems when searching for low-contrast objects against the background of the seabed, in radar systems with digital signal processing to help the motor vehicle drivers on the roads.
- Verron C., Gauthier P.-A.; Langlois J., Guastavino C. Spectral and Spatial Multichannel Analysis/Synthesis of Interior Aircraft Sounds // IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing. 2013. V. 21. № 7. P. 1317−1329.
- Sorochan A.G. Correlation direction finder with two OMNI-directional antennas // 23rd International Crimean Conference «Microwave and Telecommunication Technology (CriMiCo)». 2013. P. 298−299.
- Lekhovytskiy D.I., Shifrin Y.S., Atamanskiy D.V. Rapidly convergent «superresolving» direction finders of noise radiation sources in adaptive arrays // IX International Conference on Antenna Theory and Techniques (ICATT). 2013. P. 28−33.
- Sadegh Farzaneh, Abdel-Razik Sebak A novel amplitude-phase weighting for analog microwave beamforming // IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2006. V. 54. № 7. P. 1997−2008.
- Sajjad Abazari Aghdam, Jonathan Bagby, Raul J. Pla Malleable hyperbolic cosine weighting function for side lobe suppressioning medical image beamforming // IEEE International Symposium on Phased Array Systems and Technology (PAST). 2016. P. 1−6.
- Rajesh Bera, Durbadal Mandal, Sakti Prasad Ghoshal, Rajib Kar Wavelet Mutation based Novel Particle Swarm Optimization technique for comparison of the performance of single ring planar antenna arrays // International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing (ICCSP). 2016. P. 1659−1663.
- Md. Roman Sarker, Md. Maynul Islam, Md. Tanjilul Alam, Mohammed Hossam-E-Haider Side lobe level reduction in antenna array using weighting function // International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information & Communication Technology. 2014. P. 1−5.
- Jérome Euzière, Régis Guinvarc'h, Bernard Uguen, Raphael Gillard Phase only synthesis in time modulated array // IEEE International Symposium on Phased Array Systems and Technology. 2013. P. 567−569.
- Krivosheev Yu.V., Shishlov A.V. Grating lobe suppression in phased arrays composed of identical or similar subarrays // IEEE International Symposium on Phased Array Systems and Technology. 2010. P. 724−730.
- Shmachilin P.A. Characteristics of microwave phase error of digital signal processing in digital antenna array // 20th International Crimean Conference «Microwave & Telecommunication Technology». 2010. P. 548−549.
- Parshin Yu., Gusev S., Kolesnikov S., Alexandrov P. Estimation-correlation-compensation signal processing with optimization of antenna array spatial structure // Radiation and Scattering of Electromagnetic Waves (RSEMW). 2017. P. 242−245.
- Borzov A.B. i dr. Voprosy’ modelirovaniya avtonomny’x informaczionny’x sistem blizhnej lokaczii. M.: OOO Nicz «Inzhener», OOO «Oniko-M». 2010. 576 s.