Valeriy Karpukhin - Bauman Moscow State Technical University, 2-ya Baumanskaya str. 5, Moscow, Russia
Kristina Mustafina - Bauman Moscow State Technical University, 2-ya Baumanskaya str. 5, Moscow, Russia
Georgy Klimiashvili - Bauman Moscow State Technical University, 2-ya Baumanskaya str. 5, Moscow, Russia
Burn injuries are one of the most important modern social and medical issue due to its prevalence, high death rate and considerable rate of temporary inability of working and primary disability . Extensive burns cause huge losses of blood and weakness of the body therefore making sick man vulnerable to the infections which lead to inflammation .
Electroaerosol therapy is one of the methods of burns treatment. Exposing the burn wound to negatively charged medical aerosol particles. Under the impact of negative charge, the improvement of absorbability and pharmacologic properties of medical aerosols is occurred. It is known that thanks to negatively charged medical aerosols the perfusion is increased that helps with regeneration . Moreover, electroaerosols have distinct bactericidal effect, they are able to inhibit the growth of various bacteria and fungi .
Unlike pharmacologic methods, electroaerosol therapy is less toxic and dangerous to body, and it is considered to be effective in burns treatment and allows considerably lower the dose of medicamental burden. The aim of this study is the research of flow rates of electroaerosols in the workspace of the device of electroaerosol therapy.
- T. A. Spanholtz, P. Theodorou, P. Amini, G. Spilker. Severe burn injuries. Acute and long-term treatment. Deutsches Arzteblatt Int, 106(38): 607–613, 2009.
- M. G. Jeschke, D. L. Chinkes, C. C. Finnerty et al. The path- ophysiologic response to severe burn injury. Ann Surg, 248(3): 387–401, 2008.
- A. N. Sheina. Aerosolterapiya. Kremlyovskaya medicina (klinicheskiy vestnik), 1: 154–160, 2014.
- Xiaoxia Xie, Lei Chen, Zhao-Qiang Zhang et al. Clinical study on the treatment of chronic wound with negatively- charged aerosol. Int J Clin Exp Med, 6(8): 649–654, 2013.
- E. M. Harding Jr., E. J. Berg, R. J. Robinson. Diffusion in replica healthy and emphysematous alveolar models using computational fluid dynamics. ISRN Biomedical Engineering, 2013.
- M.S. El-Genk, Yang In-Hwan. A numerical analysis of lam- inar flow in micro-tubes with a slip boundary. Energy Con- vers Manag, 50: 1481–1490, 2009.
- H. Labair, S. Touhami, A. Tilmatine et al. Study of charged particles trajectories in free-fall electrostatic separators. J. Electrostat. 2017.
- G.M. Hidy. Aerosols. Encyclopedia of Physical Science and Technology (Third Edition). 2003.