E.O. Antonov – Student, Peter The Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
D.K. Fadeev – Assistant, Peter The Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
Ngoc N. Tan – Engineer, Peter The Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
A.V. Rashich – Ph.D.(Eng.), Associate Professor, Peter The Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
A reduced complexity tone reservation peak-to-average power ratio (PAPR) reduction method for multicarrier signals with non-orthogonal frequency spacing (Spectrally Efficient Frequency Division Multiplexing, SEFDM) is proposed. It is based on the Tone Res-ervation method and suits for big number of subcarriers. It is proposed to use a small part of the frequency band gain obtained by SEFDM signals to reduce PAPR with no need to send side information to receiver. In the proposed algorithm, additional subcarriers for PAPR reduction are equally spaced over the signal bandwidth with randomly generated different combinations of manipulation symbols. The degree of reduction of the PAPR depends on the normalized subcarrier frequency spacing, the number of attempts of reserved subcarrier symbol combinations generation and number of subcarriers. Complexity issues for the proposed PAPR reduction algorithm are also considered: simple low additional resource approach based on reduced size IFFT blocks is recommended.
- Fadeev D.K., Rashich A.V. Optimal Input Power Backoff of a Nonlinear Power Amplifier for SEFDM System // Proceedings of the NEW2AN 2015 and 8th Conference. August 2015. P. 669−678.
- Wang L., Tellambura C. An Overview of peak-to-average power ratio reduction techniques for OFDM systems // IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology. August 2006. P. 840−845.
- Han S.H., Lee J.H. An Overview of peak-to-average power ratio reduction techniques for multicarrier transmission // IEEE Wireless Communications. April 2005.
- Kislitsyn A.B., Rashich A.V., Tan N.N. Generation of SEFDM-Signals Using FFT/IFFT // Proceedings of the NEW2AN 2014 and 7th Conference. August 2014. P. 488−501.
- Safa Isam A Ahmed. Spectrally Efficient FDM Communication Signals and Transceivers: Design, Mathematical Modelling and System Optimization // Thesis submitted for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy. 2011. P. 182−201.
- Krongold B.S., Jones D.L. An Active-Set approach for OFDM PAR reduction via tone reservation // IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing. February 2004. V. 52. № 2. P. 495−509.
- Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); Frame structure channel coding and modulation for a second generation digital terrestrial television broadcasting system (DVB-T2), ETSI Standart 302 755 V1.4.1. 2015.