V.F. Korotkov – Dr.Sc. (Eng.), Chief Designer of Projects, LTD «Special Technological Center» (St. Petesburg)
E.S. Poklonskaya – Post-graduate Student, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
A.V. Klishin – Junior Research Scientist, Military Academy of Signals named after Marshal of the Soviet Union S.M. Budyonny (St. Petesburg)
The aircraft position determination method with help of passive bistatic system based on the third-party radio source is known by a number of papers. The most common radio-source used in such systems is Secondary Surveillance Radar which allows to use the transmitted answer signals instead of the reflected which leads to the better accuracy of the time of signal arrival measurements. The examination and improvement of these systems is an important issue. In this paper the ways of aircrafts and Secondary Surveillance Radar signals detection and classification are described. The aircraft position determination algorithm based on the classified answer and request signals analysis is examined. The working capacity of the algorithm has been proved by imitation modelling. There are two situations considered. In case of the Secondary Surveillance Radar request signals presence the algorithm shows the accuracy with the order of one kilometer. In the case of the absence of such signals the accuracy expectedly decreased and reaches an order of 10 kilometers. This can be explained by the non-zero reference aircraft velocity. In both cases it is possible to use the described algorithm to obtain the estimated aircraft positions that can be used for a various reason as the Secondary Surveillance Radar System control, passive aircraft position determination with help of the remote Secondary Surveillance Radar etc.
- Smirnov Ju.A. Radiotehnicheskaja razvedka. M.: Voenizdat. 2001.
- Pat. RF № 2196342. Sposob opredelenija koordinat vozdushnyh ob#ektov pri passivnoj bistaticheskoj radiolokacii / Vereshhagina G.N., Efimov S.V., Koz'ev V.Ju. 2003.
- Korotkov V.F. Raspoznavanie RJeS s ispol'zovaniem nejronnyh setej: monog. SPb.: VUS. 2003.
- Ryoo Y., Song K. Recognition of PRI Modulation Types of Radar Signals Using the Autocorrelation // IEICE Transactions on Communications. P. 1290–12942.
- Koontz W., Narendra P., Fukunaga K. A Graph-Theoretic Approach to Nonparametric Cluster Analysis // IEEE Transactions on Computers. 1976. V. 25. № 9. P. 936–944.
- Aver'janov V.Ja. Raznesennye radiolokacionnye stancii i sistemy. Minsk: Tehnika. 1978.
- Pat. RF № 2504797. Sposob opredelenija koordinat vozdushnyh ob#ektov pri passivnoj bistaticheskoj radiolokacii / Vereshhagina G.N., Zhiharev D.S., Koz'ev V.Ju. 2014. Bjul. № 2.