K.R. Mudrak – Head of Department, LTD «Special Technological Center» (St. Petesburg)
Modern videocodecs implements interframe coding, to eliminate timing redundancy. It is basic principle, and it is suited well to broadcasting TV. However, when one try to use this type of codec to videostream that is creating at UAVs optical payload few things might not get well. Block of picture in previous frame can find no optimal place in new frame, because all picture is shifted, rotated and projected in time between frames. Therefore, designer of video equipment should consider taking calculations of how much video frames per second would be adequate for this type of UAV and particular coding technique. This paper formalize calculation
algorithm of amount of new data in consequent frames as functions of UAVs physical model and cameras framerate.
- Wiegand T., Sullivan G.J., Bjontegaard G., Luthra A. Overview of the H.264/AVC Video Coding Standard // IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology. V. 13. № 7. July 2003.
- ITU-T Recommendation H.264 (04/2017). ITU. 2017-04-13. Sayjt ITU-T. [Electronic resource]. 2017. Retrieved: 23.09.2017. URL: http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-H.264-201704-I
- Ostermann J., Bormans J., List P., Marpe D., Narroschke M., Pereira F., Stockhammer T., Wedi T. Video coding with H.264/AVC: Tools, Performance, and Complexity // IEEE Circuits and Systems Magazine. 4 (1).
- William B. Pennebaker, Joan L. Mitchell JPEG still image data compression standard. Springer. 1993.
- Vishnyakov S.M., Filchenko N.V. Calculation of ground objects positions with electro-optical payloads on tactical unmanned aircraft vehicles accuracy estimation // The successes of modern radio electronics. № 7. 2015.
- Preparata F., Sheamos M. Point localization tasks // Computational Geometry: Introduction. M.: Mir. 1989.