A.M. Bobreshov – Dr. Sc. (Phys.-Math.), Professor, Head of Department of Electronics, Dean of Faculty of Physics, Voronezh State University
A.S. Zhabin – Assistant, Department of Electronics, Voronezh State University
A.D. Ryazantsev – Student, Department of Electronics of Faculty of Physics, Voronezh State University
V.A. Stepkin – Ph. D. (Phys.-Math.), Associate Professor, Department of Electronics, Voronezh State University
G.K. Uskov – Dr. Sc. (Phys.-Math.), Associate Professor, Department of Electronics, Voronezh State University
The ultrashort pulse generator based on a step recovery diode (SRD) and an inductive energy storage features have been described in the paper. The dependences of the general diode parameters, such as the accumulated charge and the switching time, on the forward current value were obtained based on the results of the experimental research. It has been shown that the increase of the pulse am-plitude the can be achieved by the serial connection of several SRD in the generator circuit.
The investigation was focused on the condition when the maximum pulse signal amplitude from the output of the generator based on two SRDs is reached for a fixed forward current value. It is shown that this condition is the equality of the accumulated charge values in both diodes from the pair. It can be satisfied by using specially selected diodes in the generator. However this is hard to be realized in practice. So the schematic features for equalizing the values of the charge accumulated in the diodes have been proposed in the paper. The effect is achieved by (varying) changing the forward current value through one of the SRDs. For this purpose, the node potential between the diodes has been adjusted. Thus, it is possible to find the operating modes for both SRDs, in which the charge values will coincide, and the pulses amplitude will be maximum for a given forward current value.
- Han J., Nguyen C. Ultra-wideband electronically tunable pulse generators // IEEE Microwave and wireless components letters. March 2004. V. 14. № 14. P. 112−114.
- Nosov Yu.R., Poluprovodnikovy’e diody’ s nakopleniem zaryada i ix primenenie. M.: Sov. radio. 1966. S. 7.
- Lee J.S., Nguyen C., Scullion T. New Uniplanar Subnanosecond Monocycle Pulse Generator and Transformer for Time-Domain Microwave Application // IEEE Trans. on Microw. Theory and Techniq. June. 2001. V. 49. № 6. P. 1126−1129.
- Bobreshov A.M., Zhabin A.S., Stepkin V.A., Uskov G.K. Raschet generatora subnanosekundny’x impul’sov na osnove diodov s nakopleniem zaryada // Radiotexnika. № 2. 2016. S. 101−107 (ISSN 0033-8486).
- Bobreshov A.M., Zhabin A.S., Korovchenko I.S., Stepkin V.A., Uskov G.K. E’ksperimental’noe issledovanie raznosti potenczialov mezhdu katodom i anodom dioda s nakopleniem zaryada pri ego pereklyuchenii // Vestnik Voronezhskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Ser. Fizika. Matematika. 2016. № 3. S. 11−19 (ISSN 1609-0705).
- Belkin V.S., Shul’zhenko G.I. Formirovateli moshhny’x nanosekundny’x i pikosekundny’x impul’sov na poluprovodnikovoj e’lementnoj baze. Novosibirsk: Institut yadernoj fiziki. 1991. S. 5.
- Grexov I.V., Mesyacz G.A. Poluprovodnikovy’e nanosekundny’e diody’ dlya razmy’kaniya bol’shix tokov // Uspexi fizicheskix nauk. 2005. T. 175. № 7. S. 735−744.
- Uskov G.K. Fizika diodov s nakopleniem zaryada pri generaczii sverxkorotkix impul’sov // Teoriya i texnika radiosvyazi. 2012. № 4. S. 100−105.