B. N. Gorevich – Dr.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, General Designer Advisor, PJSC RMA «Almaz» (Moscow)
During air surveillance the suggested method permits to organize direction finding of targets with super Rayleigh resolution. The direction finding arrangement is focused on sounding signal wavelength finding using the known ranges to targets, to the most consistent with signal phase difference from targets under the invariability (slight variance) condition of this phase difference in a formation time of directional characteristic. The wavelength alignment with signals phase difference from targets is carried out by set of test wavelengths estimated in terms of necessity in signals resolution phase zone overlapping. The sounding at different wave lengths permits to find the wave length, providing the maximum proximity of signals phase difference to the center of resolution phase zone which is demonstrated in dip depth increasing between maxima of directional characteristic.
The main technical complexity during the method implementation concludes in necessity of high-precision range estimations presence for each target, providing the required determination accuracy of test wavelength. In case of information absence on ranges to targets the empirical fit of sounding signal wavelength is possible; however it could lead to excessive time expenditures for air surveillance.
- Gorevich B.N. Issledovanie uglovogo razresheniya signalov pelengatorom s uchetom ikh mezhuglovoj kogerentnosti // Antenny. 2016. № 12. S. 33–46.
- Stre'tt Dzh.V. Volnovaya teoriya sveta: Per. s angl. / Pod red. M.A. Divil'kovskogo. M.: Editorial URSS. 2004.
- Landsberg G.S. Optika. Ucheb. posobie dlya vuzov. M.: FIZMATLIT. 2003.
- Vasin V.V., Vlasov O.V., Grigorin-Ryabov V.V., Dudnik P.I., Stepanov B.M. Radiolokatsionnye ustrojstva (teoriya i printsipy postroeniya) / Pod red. V.V. Grigorina-Ryabova. M.: Sov. radio. 1970.
- Podsolnukh (zagorizontnyj radiolokator). URL: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podsolnukh_(zagorizontnyj_radiolokator).