B.N. Korobets – Ph. D. (Jurid), Associate Professor, Bauman Moscow State Technical University
V.A. Minaev – Dr. Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Bauman Moscow State Technical University
M.P. Sychev – Dr. Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Bauman Moscow State Technical University
Definitions of information security culture, information operations, information and psychological influence (IPI) and negative informa-tional-psychological influence are given. Information operations are understood as system actions having the purposes to complicate col-lecting, processing, transfer and data storage by information systems of the opponent at the maximum protection of own information and information systems, including protection of military and civil control systems and communications of the Russian Federation from cyber terrorism and reliable protection of the important information passing on them. In article the emphasis is placed on works of foreign au-thors who write that possession of information security culture allows minimizing threats to information resources by means of values and beliefs system creation. At the same time they consider culture of information security in five measurements (strategy, technology, organization, people, environment), paying special attention to a human factor at description and explanation of it evolution. In recent years in foreign scientific works the culture of information security is treated much more widely, than only her technical aspects, it is said that the factor of human behavior represents a weak link in safety chain. It is concluded that to date, actualized scientific direction of study and development of methods and measures to ensure information operations, ensure combating IPI on the behavior of social groups, has exacerbated problems of training, retraining and advanced training of personnel in this field. Among the priorities of research and educational activities in the field of information security culture formation is defined by improvement of scientific-methodical appara-tus, aimed at the protection of society from the negative IPI through the use of a complex of organizational, legal, software and technical methods and mathematical models of IPI and IPI counter. In describing the basic goal of information and psychological influences (IPI) modeling, attention is drawn to the development of such models that would allow reproducing different scenarios for development of IPI in regions and social groups. As the methodological basis, one can focus on the development of the Rome Club, closely associated with the name of J. Forrester, who developed models of world dynamics, the model of city, studied limits of socio-economic systems growth. Attention is also drawn to works of the Soviet and Russian academician N.N. Moiseev and his followers who were engaged in modeling the «nuclear winter», large-scale economic systems and projects. Six directions for modeling the spread of negative IPI to mass con-sciousness and counteracting negative IPI are highlighted: traditional statistical models (correlation, regression, factor, discriminative models, etc.); models developed within the framework of the game theory; models based on the use of neural networks; models based on the principles of cellular automata; dynamic models of innovation diffusion; simulation system-dynamic models.
- Minaev V.A., Ovchinskij A.S., Skry’l’ S.V., Trostyanskij S.N. Kak upravlyat’ massovy’m soznaniem: sovremenny’e modeli. M.: RosNOU. 2013. 200 s.
- Astaxova L.V. Sushhnost’ ponyatiya «Kul’tura informaczionno-psixologicheskoj bezopasnosti» i ee formirovanie u studentov VUZA // Sb. nauchny’x trudov Mezhdunar. nauchno-praktich. konf. «E’konomika. Informatika. Bezopasnost’» / Pod red. V.A. Kiselevoj, L.V. Astaxovoj. Chelyabinsk: Izd-vo YuUrGU. 2006. S. 93−99.
- Forrester Dzh. Mirovaya dinamika: Per. s angl. / Pod red. D. Gvishiani, N. Moiseeva. M.: Izd-vo ACT. SPb.: Terra Fantastica. 2003. 379 c.
- Forrester Dzh. Osnovy’ kibernetiki predpriyatiya (Industrial’naya dinamika). M.: Progress. 1971. 340 s.
- Moiseev N.N. Chelovek, priroda i budushhee czivilizaczii: «Yadernaya zima» i problema «zapretnoj cherty’». M.: Izd-vo Agentstva pechati «Novosti». 1986. 92 s.
- Minaev V.A., Dvoryankin S.V. Obosnovanie i opisanie modeli dinamiki informaczionno-psixologicheskix vozdejstvij destruktivnogo xaraktera v soczial’ny’x setyax // Bezopasnost’ informaczionny’x texnologij. 2016. № 3. S. 40−52.
- Kara-Murza S.G. Manipulyacziya soznaniem. M.: Izd-vo «Algoritm». 2000. 464 s.
- Areej Al Hogail Cultivating and Assessing an Organizational Information Security Culture; an Empirical Study // International Journal of Security and Its Applications. 2015. V. 9. № 7. P. 163−178.
- Da Veiga A., Eloff J. A Framework and Assessment Instrument for Information Security Culture // Computers and Security. 2010. V. 29. № 2. March. P. 196−207.
- Parsons K., McCormac A., Butavicius M., Ferguson L. Human Factors and Information Security: Individual, Culture and Security Environment // Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Division, Defenses Science and Technology Organization. Edinburgh: Australia. Department of Defense, Australian Government. 2010. 45 p.
- Schneier B. Secrets and Lies: Digital Security in a Networked World. Indianapolis: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2004. 448 p.
- Martins A., Eloff J. Information Security Culture. Security in the Information Society. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers. 2002. P. 203−214.
- Schlienger T., Teufel S. Information Security Culture: from Analysis to Change // South African Computer Journal. 2003. V. 31. P. 46−52.
- Da Veiga A., Martins N., Eloff J. Information Security Culture-Validation of an Assessment Instrument // South African Business Review. 2007. V. 11. № 1. P. 146−166.