E.S. Emelyanov – Ph. D. (Eng.), Deputy Head of Department, MESC «Zhukovsky–Gagarin Air Force Academy» (Voronezh)
V.V. Mihailov – Main Engineer, Deputy Head of Office of Chief of Troops of REW RF (Moscow)
V.A. Ponkin – Honored Scientist of RF, Dr. Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Main Research Scientist, MESC «Zhukovsky–Gagarin Air Force Academy» (Voronezh)
The peculiarities of applying the superposition principle (PS) for processing signals in linear multichannel (for transmission and reception) of multifrequency systems in the presence of interference are considered.
The essence of the proposed approach is the construction of a multichannel processing system, in each channel of which a superposition (with predetermined coefficients) of the measurement results is carried out. In each channel, the value of the unknown (sought) parameter is fixed. The solution to the problem of determining an unknown parameter is obtained by selecting the channel in which the maximum values of the superposition of the measurement results are obtained.
The advantage of this approach is that it is possible to find the sounding results in the presence of unknown parameters, without carrying out additional measurements, but only by performing additional calculations. In addition, it is also possible to obtain both the sounding results and the value of the unknown parameter.
To illustrate the described approach, the action of the PS in the selection of real sounding signals in multimaster radars of the MIMO type is considered.
It is shown that, for linear sensing systems, theoretically synthesized optimal algorithms (based on the likelihood ratio) for processing signals based on the superposition principle can be reduced to algorithms for processing signal parameters and implemented by computational methods.
- Chapurskij V.V. Izbranny’e zadachi teorii sverxshirokopolosny’x radiolokaczionny’x sistem. M.: Izd-vo MGTU im. N.E’. Baumana. 2012. 279 s.
- Ivankin E.F., Pon’kin V.A. Teoreticheskie osnovy’ polucheniya i zashhity’ informaczii ob ob’‘ektax nablyudeniya. M.: Goryachaya liniya – Telekom. 2008. 448 s.
- Dorey J., Garnier G., Auvray G. RIAS, synthetic impulse and antenna radar // Proc. Int. Conf on Radar. 1989. Paris. France. P. 556−562.
- Levin B.R. Teoreticheskie osnovy’ statisticheskoj radiotexniki. Kn. 1. M.: Sov. radio. 1969. 759 s.
- Levin B.R. Teoreticheskie osnovy’ statisticheskoj radiotexniki. Kn. 2. M.: Sov. radio. 1975. 391 s.
- Van Tris G. Teoriya obnaruzheniya, oczenok i modulyacziya: Per. s angl. / Pod red. V.I. Tixonova. M.: Sov. Radio. 1972. T. 1. 744 s. T. 3. 662 s.