A.Z. Galyamov - Student, Department of Medical-Technical Information Technologies (BMT-2), Bauman Moscow State Technical University
I.V. Potapov - Student, Department of Medical-Technical Information Technologies (BMT-2), Bauman Moscow State Technical University
I.A. Kudashov - Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Department of Medical-Technical Information Technologies (BMT-2), Bauman Moscow State Technical University
S.I. Shchukin - Dr.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Head of Department of Medical-Technical Information Technologies (BMT-2), Bauman Moscow State Technical University
V.I. Petrov - Deputy Director of the Institute of Biomedical Engineering of the Bauman Moscow State Technical University
Several past decades have shown significant raise of interest in developing of new visualization methods for control of minimally invasive procedures. Creation of such means results in the increase of the quality of medical service being provided. One of the procedures under high attention is venipuncture - a medical manipulation, accompanied with the penetration of the injection needle into the human's vein. At the present moment, there is no method which could provide the medical personnel with the visual implementation of venipuncture on the forearm.
In this paper we describe the developed venipuncture control method by electrical impedance measurements.
For the working-off the electroimpedance coaxial-needle injection control method a laboratory bench was developed. It was made of two mediums with different electrophysical properties. The first one mimicks the soft tissue. The second one is imitates the vessel.
As the needle is injected into the laboratory bench the base impedance decreases. At the moment of the imitation vessel penetration the sharp drop of the measured signal occurs. During this research it was found that the speed of the needle injection affects the results highly. To differentiate the artifacts corresponding to the change of injection speed and occurring of the penetration.
- Kalvoy H., Grimnes S., Martinsen O.G. Bioimpedance and bioelectricity basic. Oslo. Norway. 2015. 563р.
- Kudashov I.A., Shhukin S.I., Belaja O.V., Perov S.Ju., Petrov V.I. Osobennosti metoda jelektroimpedansnogo kontrolja venepunkcii // Biomedicinskaja radiojelektronika. 2015. № 7. S. 1519.
- Trebbels D., Fellhauer F., Jugl M., Haimerl G., Min M., Zengerle R. Online Tissue Discrimination for Transcutaneous Needle Guidance Applications Using Broadband Impedance Spectroscopy // IEEE transactions on biomedical engineering. 2012. V. 59. № 2.
- Kudashov I.A. Biotehnicheskaja sistema kontrolja venepunkcii na osnove izmerenij jelektricheskogo impedansa: Dis. ... kand. tehn. nauk. М. 2016. 125 s.
- Dielectric Properties of Body Tissues. URL: http://niremf.ifac.cnr.it/tissprop/htmlclie/htmlclie.php (data obrashhenija 06.06.2016).
- Shhukin C.I. Osnovy vzaimodejstvija fizicheskih polej s bioob#ektami. M.: Izd-vo MGTU im. N.Je. Baumana. 2002.
- Dielectric Properties of Body Tissues //URL: http://niremf.ifac.cnr.it/tissprop/htmlclie/htmlclie.php (data obrashhenija 06.06.2016).