A.Y. Barinov – Scientific-Pedagogical Worker, Cherepovets Higher Military Engineering School of Radio Electronics
Reconstruction of Irregular Repeat-Accumulate (IRA) code in a priory uncertainty context is a challenging problem. In this context, the reconstruction problem lays in recovering the IRA code parameters from a noisy intercepted bitstream. Some of parameters as structure, accumulator, puncher or adder are simple and governed. However, the number of possibilities for irregularity of repeater and inner interleaving are extremely large and recovering these parameters in the presence of high noise is a difficult task. This article is about development of noise-immune algorithm of IRA code identification.
Algorithm of IRA codes identification is developed in conditions that general structure of IRA code is known, IRA code is systematic, informational and coded bitstreams are known. Then, analysis of the processes in IRA code discrete sequence generation circuit
allows us to reveal the mathematical equation significant for noiseless identification of IRA codes. The Hamming weight of the sum (mod 2) of simulated and experimental stored data is chosen as the indicator of identification criterion.
The developed algorithm of IRA identification is based on revealed mathematical equation and identification criterion. Performance requirements such as minimal sample and threshold are elaborated. This algorithm can be used for noise-immune identification
of every IRA code with puncturing of every second parity bit. Besides this case algorithm can be extended to some other low-density parity check codes. Executed tests showed identification of all IRA code in the presence of BER=0,05.
- Divsalar D., Jin H., McEliece R.J. Coding theorems for turbo-like codes // Proceedings of the 36th Allerton Conference on Communication, Control and Computing. September 1998. Allerton House, Monticello, IL. P. 201–210.
- Pfister H.D., Sason I. Accumulate-repeat-accumulate codes: Capacity-achieving ensembles of systematic codes for the erasure channel with bounded complexity // IEEE Transactions on information theory. 2007. № 53(6). P. 2088–2115.
- Barbier J., Filiol E. Overview of Turbo-Code Reconstruction Techniques IACR Cryptology ePrint Archive. V. 2009. 2009. P. 1–5.
- Balunin E.I., Barinov A.Ju. i dr. Obnaruzhenie i raspoznavanie signal'no-kodovyh konstrukcij. Metody i algoritmy. Kollektivnaja monografija. M.: Radiotehnika. 2013.
- Zhulev A.E., Ratushin A.P., Rachinskij E.V. Primenenie uravnenij chetnosti dlja obnaruzhenija nepreryvnyh nizkoplotnostnyh pomehoustojchivyh kodov // Naukoemkie tehnologii. 2015. № 12. C. 5–8.
- Barinov A.Ju. Metody analiza turbopodobnyh kodov s uchetom identifikacii ih komponentnyh peremezhitelej // Naukoemkie tehnologii. 2016. № 12. C. 4–11.
- Svidetel'stvo o gosud. registracii programmy dlja JeVM № 2017615089. Programma identifikacii komponentnyh peremezhitelej turbo-podobnyh kodov. Barinov A.Ju., Balunin E.I. Prioritet ot 08.02.2017.
- H. Jin. Analysis and Design of Turbo-like codes. Thesis for the degree PhD. California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California. USA. 2001.