I.V. Donets – Ph. D. (Phys.-Math.), Associate Professor, Head of Sector, JSC «VNII «Gradient» (Rostov-on-Don)
Ya.A. Reizenkind – Ph. D. (Phys.-Math.), Senior Research Scientist, JSC «VNII «Gradient» (Rostov-on-Don)
V.N. Shevchenko – Dr. Sc. (Eng.), Professor, JSC «VNII «Gradient» (Rostov-on-Don)
In the last decade there is a new round of radar development with outside illumination (passive radar), based on simultaneous receiving of the signals, emitted by various ground or satellite transmitters, and the same signals scattered by mobile objects.
A variational approach to moving objects parameters estimation in passive radar, in comparison with two-dimensional mutual correlation function calculation (matched filtration) and its analysis, allowed to obtain radio images in «delay-Doppler frequency shift» coordinates with large dynamic range and higher resolution. However, the time consumption for its usage was so great that allowed only to control the results, received by matched filtration. This time consumption was connected with the necessity of big systems of linear algebraic equations solution, and these solutions- the received echo-signals amplitudes, connected with coordinate grid units.
It’s managed to reduce the computation time by the transition from solving the problem on entire surface in «delay-Doppler frequency shift» coordinates (on the entire radar field of view) to task sequence, including in consideration the signals with zero and set Doppler shifts, and their serial search for signals analysis throughout the overview area (for all Doppler shifts). From mathematical point of view this transition replaces the large equation system solution on sequential equations system (of fewer dimensions) solution. Such approach has allowed to estimate moving objects parameters in real time at relatively small amount of observed time delays (~20). However, with more time delays it’s almost impossible to receive the results in real time using existing computing equipment.
In this research the new variational procedures are given with reduced computing time due to the lack of computing repetitions for zero Doppler shift. The first procedure calculates for all the investigated delays at zero and nonzero frequency shifts. In the second procedure, the area of the survey is sub divided further by time delays on a nonzero Doppler shift. This article presents the results of processing signal records obtained in the field experiment. Processing is carried out in three ways. The obtained results confirm that the proposed computational procedures are suitable for moving objects echo-signals detection and its parameters evaluation in real time while the number of delays observed is more than 100 without sensitivity decrease.
- Colone F., D.W. O’Hagan, Lombardo P., Baker C.J. A multistage processing algorithm for disturbance removal and target detection in passive bistatic radar / IEEE Trans. on AES. 2009. V. 45. № 2. P. 698−722.
- Chr. R. Berger, Demissie B., Heckenbach J., Willett P., Zhou S. Signal processing for passive radar using OFDM waveforms // IEEE J. of Selected Topics in Signal Processing. 2010.V. 4. № 1. P. 226−238.
- Colone F., G. Leo De, Paglione P., Bongioanni C., Lombardo P. Direction of Arrival Estimation for Multi-Frequency FM-Based Passive Bistatic Radar // IEEE Radar Conference. Kansas City (USA). May 2011. P. 441−446.
- Parkhomenko N.G., Donets I.V., Shevchenko V.N. Combined detection and spatial localization of several targets by radars with transmitters of opportunity // Proceedings of 13 International Radar Symposium (IRS-2012). Warsaw (Poland). 23−25 May 2012. P. 73−75.
- Parxomenko N.G., Peretyat'ko A.A., Rejzenkind Ya.A., Onishhenko V.S., Shevchenko V.N. Oczenka parametrov signalov v passivnoj radiolokaczii s postoronnim podsvetom variaczionny'm metodom // E'lektromagnitny'e volny' i e'lektronny'e sistemy'. 2012. T. 17. № 6. S. 97−102.
- Donecz I.V., Czvetkovskaya S.M., Shevchenko V.N. Radiomonitoring radiomolchashhix ob''ektov po doplerovsko-uglovy'm izmereniyam v nekogerentny'x mul'tistaticheskix sistemax // Morskaya radioe'lektronika. 2014. № 3 (49). S. 20−23.
- Parxomenko N.G., Peretyat'ko A.A., Rejzenkind Ya.A., Onishhenko V.S., Shevchenko V.N. Primenenie variaczionnogo metoda k zadache oczenki parametrov signalov v passivnoj radiolokaczii s postoronnim podsvetom // Avtometriya. 2014. T. 50. № 1. S. 60−65.
- Barxatov A.V., Verem'ev V.I., Golovkov A.A., Kutuzov V.M., Maly'shev V.N., Petkau O.G., Stenyukov N.S., Shmy'rin M.S. Poluaktivnaya radiolokacziya v sistemax monitoringa obstanovki i oxrany' vazhny'x ob''ektov // Izvestiya VUZov Rossii. Ser. Radioe'lektronika. 2015. № 4. S. 71−77.
- Chernyat'ev Yu.N., Donecz I.V., Onishhenko V.S., Rejzenkind Ya.A., Shevchenko V.N. Metod sinteza chastotno-vremenny'x radioizobrazhenij v neizluchayushhix radarax // Izvestiya VUZov. Ser. Radiofizika. 2015. T. 58. № 6. S. 465−475.
- Pat. RF 2 528 391 S1, MPK: G01S 13/02 (2006.01). Sposob poiska malorazmerny'x podvizhny'x ob''ektov / Donecz I.V., Shevchenko V.N. Opublikovano: Byul. № 26. 20.09.2014 g.