N.A. Bushuev – Ph. D. (Phys.-Math.), Dr. Sc. (Econ.), General Director of JSC «SPE «Almaz» (Saratov)
P.D. Shalaev – Ph. D. (Eng.), Head of Department, JSC «SPE «Almaz» (Saratov)
D.I. Kirichenko – Deputy Head of Department, JSC «SPE «Almaz» (Saratov)
The article presents the results of the development of wide-band TWT millimeter wavelength range. Briefly describe the design and manufacturing technology of the spiral slow-wave system (SWS) with an inner diameter of the helix of 0.7 mm. The spiral is made of a tungsten ribbon cross-section 0,1×0,2 mm and secured with three bars of beryllium oxide in a vacuum-tight envelope SWS by thermomechanical compression. The vacuum envelope SWS consists of copper vacuum-tight tube, steel pole pieces and the copper rings, located on the tube between the pole pieces. Welded together the shell parts form a mechanically robust construction. Brazing is performed with silver, which is applied to the electroplated copper ring and the outer surface of a copper pipe in the process of manufac-ture. By the pole shoes shell soldered copper plates to remove heat from the shell to the cooled base TWT.
Electron-optical system (EOS) TWT provides the formation of a convergent axisymmetric solid electron beam with a power more than1.0 kW, putting it in the SWS channel in the area matching the electric and magnetic fields and its support in the SWS channel with a periodic axially symmetric magnetic field and a two-stage recovery the electron beam energy in the collector. Models TWT with the EOS, passed the test, passage of the electron flow in the collector reached 99,3−99,6% in the non-input signal and 98,0−99,0% of the maximum output power mode. The density of the electron beam current in the transit-channel SWS, the average for the period of its radial pulsations, of 55 A / cm2.
The figures show the appearance of the TWT, unit slow-wave system and measurement of continuous output power and gain prototype model TWT range from 16 GHz to 46 GHz. In the range from 17 GHz to 41 GHz continuous output power of the TWT is not less than 40 W, the gain of at least 30 dB. The possibility of the use of spiral SWS wide-band TWT at wavelengths of up to 4 mm. It shows the possibility of manufacturing technology for the SWS such TWT helix spiral with an inner diameter of 0.4 mm of refractory metals - tungsten, molybdenum, a ratio of thickness of the helix conductor to its inner radius equal to 0.4. The figure shows the snapshot of such a spiral. Describes the production of two types of SWS technology for TWT submillimeter range. Shows the results unit manufacturing of double comb type structure using the SWS cutting technology in a metal workpiece in the wire carved machines ARTA-120. The figure shows the results.
Described technological SWS fabrication route type metal meander on a dielectric substrate. A method for reducing the surface resis-tance of the planar dielectric substrate coated SWS on SWS metal film thickness and structure controlled. The thickness of the structure is adjusted due to the choice of the deposition conditions and (or) adjust the structure of the film exposure to it with a laser beam. The proposed method avoids the accumulation of space charge of electrons incident on the dielectric and to create the SWS locking potential. The basic conclusions on the abstract and the list of information sources, which are referenced in the abstract.
- Shalaev P.D., Rogovin V.I., Il'ina E.M., Semyonov S.O., Petrosyan A.I., Rogovin I.V., Mixeeva L.K., Gorskaya A.A., Kirichenko D.I., Shherbakov Yu.N., Simonov D.L. Rezul'taty' razrabotki bazovoj konstrukczii shirokopolosnoj LBV srednej moshhnosti mm diapazona // Materialy' nauchno-texnich. konf., posvyashhennoj 55-letiyu otkry'togo akczionernogo obshhestva «NPP «Almaz». 5−7 sentyabrya 2012. Saratov. S. 43−45.
- Kenneth E. Kreischer, Jack C. Tucek, Mark A. Basten, David A Gallagher. 220 GHz Power Amplifier Testing at Northrop Grumman // 14th IEEE International Vacuum Electronics Conference IVEC 2013. 21−23 May 2013. Parris (France): Electronic Systems, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Rolling Meadows, IL, 60008.
- Anisullah Baig, Diana Gamzina, Robert Barchfeld, Jinfeng Zhao, Calvin Domier, Alexander Spear, Larry R. Barnett, Neville C. Luhmann Jr. 220 GHz Ultra Wide band TWTA: Nano CNC Fabrication and RF testing // 14th IEEE International Vacuum Electronics Conference IVEC 2013. 21−23 May 2013. Parris (France). Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA.
- Ryskin N.M., Karetnikova T.A., Rozhnev A.G., Torgashov G.V., Bushuev N.A., Shalaev P.D. Development and Modeling of a Sheet-Beam Sub-THz Traveling Wave Tube // Abstracts of the Sixteenth IEEE International Vacuum Electronics Conference (IVEC2015). 27−29 April 2015. Beijing (China). S19.2.
- Benedik A.I., Rozhnev A.G., Ryskin N.M., Torgashov G.V., Sinitsyn N.I., Bushuev N.A., Shalaev P.D. Study of Electrodynamic Parameters of the Planar Meander Slow-Wave Structures for THz Band Traveling Wave Tube // Abstracts of the Sixteenth IEEE International Vacuum Electronics Conference (IVEC2015). 27−29 April 2015. Beijing (China). S11.2.
- Maurer D.W., Francois E.E., Zacharias A. A Solution to the Problem of Spontaneous Deflection of the Beam in TWT 's with Low Helix Voltage // IEE Transactions on Electron Devices. 1965. V. ED12. № 1. P. 40−44.
- Rakova E.A., Galdeczkij A.V., Korepin G.F., Smirnov V.A., Zubkov N.P., Lyabin N.A., Paramonov V.S., Deryabkin A.V., Kulikov E.N., Duxnovskij M.P. Proektirovanie i issledovanie texnologii izgotovleniya perspektivnoj zamedlyayushhej sistemy' LBV W diapazona // Sb. statej 5 Vseros. konf. «E'lektronika i mikroe'lektronika SVCh». S-Peterburg: SPbGE'TU. 30 maya – 2 iyunya 2016. T. 1. S. 148−152.