M.S. Ashapkina - Post-graduate Student, Department of Micro- and Nanoelectronics; Assistant, Department of Automation and Information Technologies in Management, Ryazan State Radio Engineering University
A.V. Alpatov - Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Department of Micro- and Nanoelectronics, Ryazan State Radio Engineering University
A.A. Chekushin - Ph.D. (Med.), Assistant, Department of General Surgery, Ryazan State Medical University n. a. Academician I.P. Pavlov
The features of the analysis of a human locomotor activity signal are examined in this article. The locomotor system is the multilevel control system, that incorporates input from the cerebellum, the motor cortex of the brain, etc. Under healthy conditions, this feature produces a remarkably stable walking pattern. Nevertheless, closer examination reveals fluctuations in the gait pattern, even under stationary conditions.
Human gait possesses fractal properties and its variability is difficult to describe with statistical and spectral methods. At present detrended fluctuation analysis (DFA) is one of the most commonly used methods of investigation of long-range correlations in no stationary processes of gait.
The features of DFA are examined in this article. The relationship between fluctuation function and stride interval are analyzed. The notion of a scaling index is introduced.
Using detrended fluctuation analysis an experimental study of the variability and fluctuation in the running gait cycle were showed.
The experiment was conducted in three stages. Three men with different physical conditioning took part in this experiment.
Based on the results of the experiment, the following parameters were calculated for each of the participants: the scaling index , the step count, etc. Fluctuation functions were calculated using DFA. The relationship between fluctuation function and stride interval for each participant are given.
An analysis of the behavior of fluctuation functions showed that in the presence of locomotor system’s disorders, the value of the scaling exponent was not changed. In the absence of systematic physical activity, the value of the scaling index during the expe-riment was increased. In the absence of violations of locomotor system’s disorders and the presence of systematic physical exer-cises, the value of the scaling index during the experiment was increased.
Conclusions about the reasons for these changes in the value of the scaling in-dex are drawn. The prospects and directions for the development of research in this field are indicated.
- Espen A.F. Detection of co-regulation of local structure and magnitude of stride time variability using a new local detrended fluctuation analysis // Gait&Posture. 2014. V. 39. P. 466–471.
- Hausdorff J.M., Peng C.K., Ladin Z., Wei J.Y., Goldberger A.L. Long range correlations in the stride interval of running // Gait&Posture. 2006. V. 24. P. 120–125.
- Pierrynowski M.R., Gross A., Miles M., Galea V., McLaughlin L., McPhee C. Reliability of the long-range power-law correlations obtained from the bilateral stride intervals in asymptomatic volunteers whilst treadmill walking // Gait&Posture. 2005. V. 22. P. 46–50.
- Wagenmakers E.-J., Farrell S., Ratcliff R. Estimation and interpretation of 1/f a noise in human cognition // Psychon Bull Rev. 2004. V. 11. P. 579–615.
- Yosuke Nakayama, Kazutoshi Kudo, Tatsuyuki Ohtsuki. Variability and fluctuation in running gait cycle of trained runners and non-runners // Gait&Posture. 2010. V. 31. P. 331–335.
- Ashapkina M.S., Alpatov A.V. Razrabotka ustrojstva kontrolya dvigatel'noj aktivnosti cheloveka // Mezhdunar. nauchno-issledovatel'skogo zhurnala. 2013. № 4. S. 90–91.
- Ashapkina M.S., Alpatov A.V. Issledovanie metodov fluktuaczionnogo analiza signala dvigatel'noj aktivnosti cheloveka // Materialy' XXVIII Vseros. nauch.-texn. konf. studentov, molody'x ucheny'x i speczialistov «Biotexnicheskie, mediczinskie i e'kologicheskie sistemy' i kompleksy'. BIOMEDSISTEMY – 2015». Ryazan': RGRTU. 2015. S. 121–125.
- Svidetel'stvo o gosudarstvennoj registraczii programm dlya E'VM №2016612513. Programma dlya vy'chisleniya pokazatelej oporno-dvigatel'nogo apparata cheloveka / M.S. Ashapkina, A.V. Ermachixin. Ryazanskij gosudarstvenny'j radiotexnicheskij universitet.
- Ashapkina M.S. Primenenie fluktuaczionnogo analiza dlya signala dvigatel'noj deyatel'nosti cheloveka // Materialy' IV nauch.-texn. konf. s mezhdunarodny'm uchastiem «Nauka nastoyashhego i budushhego» dlya studentov, aspirantov i molody'x ucheny'x. SPb.: LE'TI im. V.I. Ul'yanova. 2016. S. 85–86.
- Ashapkina M.S., Alpatov A.V., Chekushin A.A. Algoritm opredeleniya tipov dvigatel'noj aktivnosti cheloveka // Biomediczinskaya radioe'lektronika. 2016. № 6. S. 82–88.