A.V. Zhuravlev – Ph. D. (Eng.), Senior Research Scientist, Main Designer – Deputy General Director,
JSC SPE «PROTEK» (Voronezh)
V.G. Markin – Leading Engineer, JSC SPE «PROTEK» (Voronezh)
One of the effective methods of enhancing the interference resistance is the receiver antenna system radiation pattern (RP) control. On condition the useful signal input direction is known, it is possible, on one hand, to enhance the useful signal strength at the input, and from the other – to lessen the strength of interference signal coming into the receiver.
Adaptive aerial assemblies which allow to lessen interference influence have been widely used. As a rule, they require prior information on the useful signal or on the location of the useful signal source. Obtaining such information allows to form only one beam in the direction of the probable useful signal input. However, sometimes the necessity to form several beams in directions of several useful signal sources in a radiation pattern does appear.
The author looks into the traditional methods of multiple beam forming with the use of Вutler, Blass and Nolen matrixes. They allow to obtain multipath aerial assemblies with a number of inputs and outputs. Every beam in such assembly feats its own output.
Although, it often happens in, for instance, conditions of complicated interference environment, that there have to be maximal ampli-fications in several expected directions of useful signal inputs in RP of a single input receiver. In such case the traditional methods of multiple beam forming are fairly complicated to be applied.
The present work looks into a method of creating a single output multipath antenna system. The author offers a calculation procedure for weight coefficients of an antenna system to form several beams in a RP in the predetermined directions, providing example of 2- and 3 beam radiation pattern in the predetermined directions with the use of a homogeneous 7 element antenna array.
- Uidrou B., Stirnz S. Adaptivnaya obrabotka signalov: Per. s angl. M.: Radio i svyaz'. 1989. 440 s.
- Monzingo R., Miller T.U. Adaptivny'e antenny'e reshetki. Vvedenie v teoriyu: Per s angl. M.: Radio i svyaz'. 1986. 448 s.
- Gorbachev A.P., Michurina T.V. Chety'rexluchevaya pechatnaya fazirovannaya antennaya reshetka s matriczej Batlera na svyazanny'x liniyax // E'lektrosvyaz'. 2014. № 1. S. 42−44.
- Xansen R.S. Fazirovanny'e antenny'e reshetki: Per. s angl. / Pod red. A.I. Sinani. M.: Texnosfera. 2012. 560 s.
- Beklemishev D.V. Dopolnitel'ny'e glavy' linejnoj algebry'. M.: Nauka. Glavnaya redakcziya fiziko-matematicheskoj literatury'. 1983. 336 s.